• Do Unto Others As You Have Them do Unto You – and also as
they would like to be treated.
• Seek to Understand First, Then be Understood (Covey)
• Respect Self, Respect Others
• Avoid Manipulation, Dishonesty, Trying to Win at All Costs
• Choose your Battles
• Have Compassion
• Know that the person who is being difficult, is probably having a
worse time than you.
• Understand the other person may have some difficult problems,
situation, or sometimes emotional or mental illness.
• Understand that Pride and Ego, and need for Security, may
make you Defensive.
• Make sure your words or actions do not hurt, if it can be helped
• Let bygones be bygones.
• If you have a fight, let it go, avoid revenge or holding a grudge,
don’t push the envelope!
• If a person is toxic to you, then minimize time with that person.
• If you are at peace with yourself, you are more likely to get
along with others, even the difficult ones!
• When appropriate, use your sense of humor.
• Be a good listener , observer and understand body language
• Be a collaborator.
• Be a good team member, follower, or in some cases leader.
• Be a good example and role model.
• Work on self awareness and other awareness.
• Know that other people have their own cultural and personal
• Remember you cannot tell a book by a cover.
• Take care of yourself, work on self esteem, know your limits,
keep good boundaries.